Refer to the Benefit Enrollment Guide and/or Benefits Summary & Master Policy for more details.
Q. I am newly eligible for medical insurance and have not received my ID card.
A. Your medical cards are mailed to your home address approximately 10 business days after your elections have been approved. They will be mailed from PEHP. You will receive 2 cards. Both cards will have only the policyholders’ name. This card is both your MEDICAL AND PHARMACY card. This is also your OUT-OF-STATE card.
Q. If I have any questions, regarding participating providers, claim payment, coverage, accessing the PEHP webpage, etc…
A. Please call PEHP at 801-366-7555 or 800-765-7347
Q. When will medical coverage end for my child?
A. Effective September 1, 2011, children can be enrolled in the medical plan whether married or not. Your married children CANNOT remain on dental, optical or life. Please submit a Benefit Change Form and a copy of your child’s marriage certificate to the District Office within 30 days of the marriage. (At age 26, they will automatically be terminated, the last day of coverage is the end of the month they turn 26).
Flexible Spending Election:
- New Hires: Online benefit election completed within 30 days of your contract start date.
- Existing Employees: Elections do not continue. You must elect new amounts annually during open enrollment if you wish to participate in flexible spending. (May 15 - June 30 effective Sept. 1)
Q. If I have any questions regarding flex spending:
A. Please call PEHP Flex Spending at 801-366-7503 or 800-753-7703
DENTAL & OPTICAL
Q. I am newly eligible for dental and/or optical insurance and have not received my ID card.
A Dental: Your dental card is mailed by Dental Select. Call Dental Select directly at 801-495-3000.
A Optical: Your vision card is mailed by Opticare. Call Opticare directly at 801-869-2020 or 800-363-0950
Q. When will dental and/or vision coverage end for my child?
A. Children can be on your dental and or vision plan until age 26, unless married. Please complete benefit change using JSD online enrollment tool (www.infinityhr.com) within 30 days of the marriage. Submit a copy of the marriage certificate to the District Office Insurance Department by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. When will life insurance coverage end for my child?
A. Children can be on life insurance from live birth until age 26 if they are not married and financially dependent on you.
ADDRESS CHANGE OR NAME CHANGES
Q. How do I change my address or name for insurance?
A. Please submit changes through Skyward, Employee Access. HR will then inform the insurance department. We will then advise PEHP and Express Scripts, dental & vision companies. Call the help desk (801-567-8737) if you need assistance accessing Employee Access.
REMEMBER: Check Employee Access to ensure that the correct premiums are being deducted from you paycheck.
Refer to the Benefit Enrollment Guide and/or Benefits Summary & Master Policy
Q. WHEN DOES MY INSURANCE START?
A. Insurance coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following your contract start date provided your online enrollment is completed within 30 calendar days of your contract start date.
- Benefit elections are made using JSD online enrollment tool, www.infinityhr.com.
- If enrolling any family members, please provide copies of:
- Marriage Certificate, if married less than one year
- If married more than one year, most recently filed 1040 Federal Tax Form (the first page only. Feel free to black out financial information)
- Birth certificates for children
- Please complete your online elections and submit copies of your documents as soon as possible so you receive your Member ID cards prior to insurance effective date.
- If not enrolling in medical, dental or vision benefits, you will still need to make your online elections (www.infinityhr.com) for yourself and your dependents for the Basic Life Insurance that is provided by the district ($50,000 employee/$2,000 dependents).
Q. WHEN DOES MY FIRST PREMIUM START COMING OUT OF MY PAYCHECK?
A. Your first premium will be deducted out of your September paycheck if your online enrollment is complete and necessary documents are received before September 1. If received after this date, you may have 2 premiums taken on your October Check.
Q. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PEHP NETWORKS: ADVANTAGE & SUMMIT?
Advantage: Generally providers within the lntermountain Health Care (IHC) facilities. (lntermountain Medical Center, LDS, Primary Children's, Riverton, Alta View, McKay Dee, American Fork, etc.)
Huntsman-Intermountain Care Centers are available at the Intermountain Medical Center, McKay Dee Hospital, Dixie Medical Center, American Fork Hospital, and the Cedar City Hospital - these hospitals all participate in PEHP Advantage. You don't have access to the Huntsman Cancer Institute main campus.
Summit: Generally Non-lHC providers (University of Utah, St. Marks, Holy Cross Hospital - Jordan Valley, Primary Children's, Holy Cross Hospital - Sale Lake, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Ogden Regional, Lone Peak, etc.)
Check online at www.pehp.org for the most current list of physicians in each network.
Q. HOW DO I SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO THE JSD INSURANCE OFFICE?
A. You can submit documents in the following ways:
- Drop off at the Insurance Department at the District Office (Jordan Landing)
- Fax to 801-567-8070
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Upload under Documents on infinityhr.com
- US Mail to 7387 S. Campus View Dr., West Jordan, UT 84084
Q. WHEN DO I NEED TO MAKE A FLEXIBLE SPENDING ELECTION?
A. Online elections are due within 30 calendar days of your contract start date.
Q. WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING FLEX SPENDING?
A. Call PEHP Flex Spending department at 801-366-7503 or 800-753-7703.
Please login to Employee Access each month to ensure that your check is correct. We will communicate via your Jordan District email. Please be checking all year round.